Single courses are subjects from degree programs that are available for you to study even if you’re not enrolled as a university student. You take the same classes and complete the same assessment tasks as enrolled RMIT University students.
A single course could be ideal for you if you wish to:
- gain experience as a university student
- check if you really like the subject matter before committing to a degree
- undertake a single course to complement your degree
- obtain credits or exemptions when applying or reapplying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (after successfully completing a relevant single course) — not applicable to all single courses.
Browse the range of Spring Semester 2017 single courses .
What Else do I Need to Know?
- Some courses have prerequisites. Please ensure you satisfy these prerequisites prior to applying and submit the required documentation.
- Supporting documentation must be supplied when uploading the completed Single course enrolment and statistical data form, including evidence of satisfaction of prerequisites and evidence of current visa or residency status.
- Courses require approval from RMIT University before your application can be finalised.
- On completion of a single course, RMIT University will issue a result statement confirming your achievement.
- Applications will not be processed unless all required information and full payment is provided.
- International applicants must have a visa valid for the duration of the single course. Enrolling in a single course will not make you eligible for a student visa.
- RMIT International students are not eligible to enrol in single courses. Please verify your enrolment process with your RMIT University School.
- If you are a current local RMIT student you must submit written approval from your RMIT University School.
Payments and Discounts
- Single courses are full-fee paying courses. Government assistance is not available for fees.
- The following discounts are applicable to most Single courses:
- RMIT Staff 25%
- RMIT Alumni 15%
Proof must be provided at time of enrolment for a discount to be applied. Discount refunds will not be provided after online enrolment is processed. Please check with us on +61 3 9925 8111 or via email to determine if you are eligible for a discount.
How to Enrol
Enrolments are open from 6 August – 1 November 2017. To view the single courses terms and conditions visit our frequently asked questions page.
1. Download and complete the Single course enrolment and statistical data form
2. Scan the following documentation
- Single course enrolment and statistical data form
- Evidence of satisfaction of prerequisites (academic transcripts)
- Citizenship supporting documentation (passport or birth certificate)
3. Proceed with enrolment online via individual course page.
4. Select the 'Apply Now' button and fill out the online registration form if you do not have an account. Existing users can log in with their client number.
5. Upload the scanned documentation when prompted.
6. Submit your application.
You will be contacted in the next few days by the Single and Short course team to discuss your approval status and the next step in your application process. If your application is successful, full payment will be required to finalise your enrolment.
This is what some of our students had to say.