This course introduces design and programming methods for control systems in process sequencing applications. The focus is on building state sequencer function blocks and integrating these into multi-mode process control solutions.
The course covers:
• Defining function block interfaces
• State sequencers
• String data types
• Programming in Structured Text and SFC languages
• HMI panel configuration
• Configuring basic graphical objects on HMI screens
• HMI Alarms
• HMI User administration
• Online interaction with instance data blocks
• Monitoring program execution and diagnostics.
This course is suitable for varying backgrounds ranging from beginners with basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs), to practitioners wanting to extend their experience with sequencing applications.
The following software and hardware are used;
• Siemens TIA Portal V15 and SIMATIC S7-1500 controller with CPU1516 3PN/DP.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to design, create and maintain PLC programs and HMI screens for machine/process applications requiring sequential operation.
All participants should have completed Programmable Logic Control and Automation Short Course 1 or have equivalent experience.
All relevant course materials are included.
All participants must have completed Programmable Logic Control
and Automation Short Course No. 1.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
N/APrintable course flyer