This course is only for Deakin University students.
By law, under Part 5.1 of the Victorian Occupational Health
and Safety Regulations 2007, a person must successfully
undertake construction induction training before working at
a construction site in Victoria.
The course covers the following topics:
• OHS legislative requirements,
• Construction hazards and risk control measures,
• Health and safety communication and reporting processes,
• Identify incident and emergency response.
THIS COURSE IS SET UP ONLY FOR DEAKIN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS OF SPECIAL COHORT.
Participants will be asked to complete an observation and short written questionnaire to demonstrate their knowledge.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to understand:
• construction hazards,
• orally explain how risk could be reduced or removed,
• select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to control the risk,
• orally explain basic procedures for responding to incidents and emergencies,
• identify and orally explain the meaning of required safety signs and symbols,
• orally explain the purpose of job safety analyses (JSAs), safe work method statements (SWMS) and safety data sheets (SDS),
• orally explain the roles of designated health and safety personnel.
All relevant course materials are included.
Pen/pencil and notebook.
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
N/APrintable course flyer
Future course dates have not been confirmed. Please click here to join our mailing list.