Students will be provided with a supportive environment to explore design and folio preparation. An introduction to concept development and schematic design will be provided. The students will be assisted by a qualified professional to explore design areas such as architecture, landscape, interior design and planning. This will include initial design drawings concepts, design language, model making, schematic plans, elevations and sections as well as presentation techniques and related skills.
1. Initial design drawing and concepts
2. Design language.
3. Creating form including internal and external space through model making.
4. Generating Concepts.
5. Schematic Plans, Elevation and Sections.
6. Presentation board and techniques.
7. Folio preparation for further design studies.
8. Discussion about programs offered by RMIT.
Anyone who wishes to pursue a career in Design disciplines such as Architecture, Building Design, Interior Design and Landscape design.
Students who wish to prepare a design folio.
1. Awareness and approaches to stimulate creativity and individuality.
2. Increased awareness of concept development and design methods.
3. Improved presentation and communication skills for design proposals.
4. Students will also learn how to develop ideas through concept development, process, sketching and precedent research.
5. Career advice will be provided including discussion about different pathways that RMIT can offer to achieve their goal.
Student with basic design knowledge (preferred) or willing to learn about design process. Student must willing to spend some time to do research which will facilitate their learning.
All relevant course materials are included.
Pen/pencil and notebook.
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
N/APrintable course flyer