• Setting up a site project
• Using Views – Plan, Design, Preview, Publish
• Designing your master page
• Adding & organising new pages and navigation menus
• Sign-up forms
• Using downloadable web fonts
• Working with text content – styles, fonts, spacing, hyperlinks
• Design elements and effects – buttons, borders, gradients, transparency
• Preparing images for Muse – pixel and vector graphics
• Parallax scrolling effects
• High res images for Retina screens
• Maps, contact forms, slideshows, social links, video
• Building a mobile version
• Previewing, testing & publishing your site
Graphic designers who want to design and build their own website from scratch and/or want to be able to build websites for their own clients.
By the end of this course, you will have created your own website in Muse. More than that, you’ll have learned how to apply your existing design skills to building webpages. You will have gained a good understanding of web design principles in general as well as a set of skills that will give you a great foundation for future web projects.
Some experience of either Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator is highly recommended for this course. A Creative Cloud account is required for you to be able to access Muse from your computer.
All relevant course materials are supplied, including handouts and project files.
A Creative Cloud account is required for you to be able to access Muse from your computer. Also bring a USB stick, so you can take away working project files with you, plus paper and a pen.
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
Facilitator - Paul Greenstein
Specialising in web and interactive design, multimedia and graphics, Paul has been building websites and teaching web design since the early days of the Web. In London, Paul was co-director of Ubiq Creative Training, a highly respected company delivering innovative short courses to designers and developers. Since moving to Melbourne two years ago, he has continued to work as an expert trainer, consultant and web developer. He enjoys the challenge of putting complex ideas across in a simple way. See more about Paul at See more about Paul at paulgreenstein.net
Interesting subjects and easy to follow. Paul is a good lecturer and patient. Febiola
Very informative.Paul has a great ability in explaining how to use the software, in an easy and knowledgeable matter that makes it easy for the students to understand. Highly recommend! Michael
It was fast moving and very hands on. Actually making sites from scratch was fantastic. Brett